Friday, February 6, 2009

Run the numbers

About a quarter of my notebook is filled with notes from opening festivities of the PASA conference. Already! It was just the first three hours. I can't possibly share all of it with you now. I need time to reflect and talk with others. One thing Executive Director Brian Snyder spoke about which is both illustrative and short, is the attendance.

He said nearly 2000 people are here. There are 32 colleges and universities represented. 100 college students. 1100 farmers representing, to their best estimate, 48,000 acres. People from 30 states and 6 countries. Finally he noted with appreciation, that there are 700 people who are attending the conference for the first time. That number includes me.

So if I feel a little overwhelmed by how much I'm learning, I imagine there are 699 others here who feel somewhat the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment